Thursday, June 10, 2010

Event Blog 4: My Life

I would like to ponder the definition of an event...
Well to be perfectly honest I have been so busy and stressed this year so far, not to mention broke because I don't have a job, that I'm going to review a section of my life as an event, as I haven't been out to any in ages!!

So in the interest of creativity I am going to define an event in the way that I see fit and write about my life over the last few months, as I need to get it off my chest any way so I can kill two birds with one stone. In order for me to critically and creatively analyze this section of my life in a way that makes sense to the reader I must first outline the circumstances under which these events took place... Sorry...

Right, now, where to start.. earlier this year I moved into a flat with my girlfriend, it was a great room as it used to be a lounge so absolutely huge (like three rooms combined), only cost us $75 dollars each per week... Super cheap, and close to town.. All seems perfect, but after a few months the other flats approached my partner and I and asked us to move out as they didn't feel that we fit in with the rest of the flatmates...

To be honest my girlfriend and I are quite intense people as we are very opinionated about anything and everything, and I could see that could be a bit hard to handle at times but at the same time we are the cleanest people in the house, all ways cleaning up after other people..

You are left with a weird feeling when a group of people openly reject you, you assume it must be something you have done.. Maybe your not a nice person.. maybe you aren't the person you think you are.. Maybe your personality is annoying..?? You start to question and doubt yourself..

So in the spirit of critical reflection my partner and I attempted to analyse the situation from a third person perspective, to try to understand why we were rejected by these people. Non of whom are bad people, but they are very "square" for lack of a better word (9 - 5 job, love sport, own a massive television and multiple gaming consoles.. and basically live a life of get up - go to work- get home - sit in front of the TV - go to bed - get up and do it again... loop .. loop ..loop !!!). Boring!

The out come of our lengthy discussion was that..We actually did nothing wrong, we were just too 'Radical' in our thinking and life styles that we simply didn't mesh.. this had not crossed our minds, as it was a complete surprise when they asked us to move out. However they had been talking amongst themselves for ages like immature children rather than confronting us... so they built something from nothing by there own ignorance.. once this illusion was mutually agreed upon they selfishly enforced there decision upon us regardless of our opinion..
Moving out in just over a week, Now we have no where to live.. Cooooool, NOT : (

No comments:

Post a Comment