Thursday, June 10, 2010

Final Review of all Events Blogs:

If I was to truly and effectively 'critically reflect' on the events I have written about I could just about write a small book.. I have really only been scratching the surface, as I feel that I am not to bad at this critical analysis 'thing' : ) but generally don't know where to start or stop when required to condense an idea. There is all ways such a large back story behind our daily experiences and I think that in order for me to establish a context the read can more clearly understand I must first outline each situation. This in a way limits the actual 'critical reflection' part to a paragraph or two at the end of a explanatory rant. However for the terms of this assignment I am very happy looking back over what I have written at different times.. As the reader can probably tell I am a very open and outspoken person..I just try to be me without a fear of others opinions while attempting to be a moral and good person as much as I can.. Easier said than done in a economic and societal structure based upon competition and self first priority.

I have always had a very inquisitive mind and never accepted anything on face value. I extensively research 'things' for myself from as many different sources as I can, to get a more holistic and unbiased view of XYZ.. I have a serious thing for contemplation : ) Over the course of writing these different blog entries and attempting to critically analyze creative inputs from all the different experiences I have accumulated over this semester. I have not come to any points of self discovery per say but it has definitely been an interesting and personally rewarding process!

Now for a slight deviation....I have always thought that I may be a little ADD and a lot OCD.. Interestingly enough, no one had ever mentioned it to me before.. one day I raised the possibility that I may have OCD to my friends and family and they all agreed, stating that it was often quite obvious and not sure why it have never been mentioned, this semi confirmation kind of shocked me! I have always (since the day I started school) struggled to complete school work on time, I'm not 100% sure why but I feel that it's not my fault that I don't directly fit the typical schooling structure learning style. I struggle because I can't focus for long periods..I find it very difficult to sit down and buckle into something. But at the same time this is twisted by my obsessive compulsive tendencies, I have to do it in 'such a way' that it's extremely time-consuming, so I don't like doing it in the first place because once I begin it just takes me such a long time to get even a small amount done. For example I can't handle messy notebooks..I write in pencil and then go over the top later in pen... a waste of time I know but I just 'Have to do it'!

So I finally hope that I found the right course doing this BCT, because I feel that it is designed for people with unconventional learning styles such as mine. Over all this year so far has been fantastic and stressful in many different ways, I have learned an incredible number of new skills while at the same time feeling quite miserable with much of my schoolwork because I am unable to complete it to a standard that am remotely happy with due to the speed at which we are progressing. Just as I'm getting excited about something we move on to the next thing.

Hope that didn't sound to negative..
Long story short.. I LOVE it! This is definitely what I want to be doing, bring on Semester two!!!!!!!!!! : )

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're definitely in the right place. ;) I enjoyed chatting to you and hearing about your projects tonight. Seeing your years' exhibitions was a good chance to eye up potential people to work with if/when they mix up year levels for projects.

    It does feel a lot more scattered and rushed in first year when you do several project over the semester, by second year you'll be spending most of the semester on one project. Which has it's own ups and downs as well. XD

    P.S. I'm a tad OCD myself. Kim laughed at me yesterday when he saw I'd organized my jumper cables by colour.

    ReplyDelete